you can draw things in the paint panel, then place
them in your world in the room panel. you can write
dialog for your characters (aka sprites) too. you can
also animate your drawings if you want to!
* room - a place in your game world
* avatar - the player's character
* tile - a piece of the scenery
* sprite - interactive characters or things
to try your game, switch the room to play mode:
* walk around with the arrow keys
* talk to sprites by walking up to them
you can make multiple rooms, but make sure you add
some exits to connect them to each other!
use "share game" to download the game as an html file.
you can email the file to a friend, or host it online!
if you want to talk about bitsy, report a bug, or share
a game you made, i'm on twitter @adamledoux
or you can post in the community forum
special thanks to:
* seattle game meetup peeps
- move tool windows around by dragging the title bar!
- user interface redesign
- bugfix: duplicated rooms don't disappear
- add endings to your game!
- you can have multiple color palettes (one per room)
- restart the game with ctrl-r or cmd-r
- dialog textbox matches size of dialog box in game
- gif encoding doesn't freeze the whole browser tab
- bug: you could edit sprites during play mode
- fixed a bug with animated tiles
click space in room to add exit
no exit selected
this exit goes to:
click space in room to add ending
Having trouble choosing hex colors?
Try this online color picker.
download game as html file:
import game from html file:
html page color
Note: your browser doesn't support
direct downloads, so sharing requires
some extra steps:
- press share
- a new tab will open
- save that tab
- name it "mygame.html"
- share your game as a web page!