you can draw things in the paint panel, then place them in your world in the room panel. you can write dialog for your characters (aka sprites) too. you can also animate your drawings if you want to!
room - a place in your game world
avatar - the player's character
tile - a piece of the scenery
sprite - interactive characters or things
to try your game, switch the room to play mode:
walk around with the arrow keys
talk to sprites by walking up to them
you can make multiple rooms, but make sure you add some exits to connect them to each other!
use "share game" to download the game as an html file. you can email the file to a friend, or host it online!
if you want to talk about bitsy, report a bug, or share a game you made, i'm on twitter @adamledoux or you can post in the community forum
special thanks to:
seattle game meetup folks
everyone in the bitsy community!
- all resources are packaged locally to avoid cross-origin errors
-- you can download bitsy games from local copies of bitsy!
- exit tool resets when you delete a room
- invalid exits don't break the editor
- downloaded games pass w3c validation test
- download panel is sized correctly on chrome
- you can drag tool panels past the rightmost tool
- paint explorer updates when you paste new game data in
-- also it selects valid sprites when you change game data
- inventory UI resets when game restarts
- duplicate and delete palettes in the color tool!
-- >= and <= work correctly again
-- drawing colors update when you use the color picker
-- animations stay in time with each other when you change them
-- rooms without a defined palette don't break the game
-- deleting all palettes from game data won't break the game
- editor is more mobile-friendly:
-- new portrait mode layout
-- enabled touch controls for room and paint tools
-- font sizes for high dpi displays
-- fixed bug where you can't remove sprites from rooms
-- fixed crashes when there are no rooms
-- fixed html import bug
- improved rendering performance in chrome
- new combined exits & endings tool!
- exits are two-way by default
- change exit direction with one button
- new exit transition animations!
- exit thumbnails are shortcut to rooms
- toggle exits & endings visibility
- move exits & endings in room without tool open
- move exits & endings in two ways:
-- click and drag in the room
-- OR use the "move" button
- updated translations for several languages
directionsexits & endings
There are no exits or endings in this room yet! You can add one with this tool. :)
room 0 (0,0)
click in room
room 0 (0,0)
click in room
Select a sprite or item to edit its dialog.
download game as html file:
import game from html file:
Note: your browser doesn't support
direct downloads, so sharing requires
some extra steps:
- press share
- a new tab will open
- save that tab
- name it "mygame.html"
- share your game as a web page!