you can draw things in the paint panel, then place
them in your world in the room panel. you can write
dialog for your characters (aka sprites) too. you can
also animate your drawings if you want to!
* room - a place in your game world
* avatar - the player's character
* tile - a piece of the scenery
* sprite - interactive characters or things
to try your game, switch the room to play mode:
* walk around with the arrow keys
* talk to sprites by walking up to them
you can make multiple rooms, but make sure you add
some exits to connect them to each other!
use "share game" to download the game as an html file.
you can email the file to a friend, or host it online!
if you want to talk about bitsy, report a bug, or share
a game you made, i'm on twitter @adamledoux
or you can post in the community forum
special thanks to:
* seattle game meetup folks
* everyone in the bitsy community!
- filter drawings by name!
- fix importing new-style html
- new color picker tool
- page export color saved between sessions
- updated tools bar
- bugfix: wall visualization was broken
- wall settings for tiles apply to all rooms by default
- bugfix: error on walking into edge of room
- new swipe & tap mobile controls
- mobile-friendly full page game window
- adjustable game window size settings
- dialog text fields are expandable
- the find drawing window is resizable
- add drawings in the find drawing window
- bugs fixed:
-- when you deleted a room, exits weren't deleted
-- when you deleted a room, exit options didn't update
-- find drawing window didn't update correctly when drawing deleted
-- dialog wasn't delete when sprite was
-- tiles were being named "undefined"
-- find drawing window didn't refresh on new game
- bugfix: sometimes new dialog would overwrite old dialog
- advanced dialog options, including:
-> dialog that changes each time it's said
-> dialog that changes based on items player has
- special effects for dialog, including:
-> shaky text
-> wavy text
-> rainbow text
- you can name objects, including:
- dialog scripting language with variables
- bugfix: newline characters work in dialog
- additional bugfixes
click space in room to add exit
no exit selected
this exit goes to:
click space in room to add ending
Select a sprite or item to edit its dialog.
download game as html file:
import game from html file:
html page color:
Note: your browser doesn't support
direct downloads, so sharing requires
some extra steps:
- press share
- a new tab will open
- save that tab
- name it "mygame.html"
- share your game as a web page!